St. Clairsville Public Library is seeking a full-time (40 hours/week) Children’s Services Supervisor. A successful candidate to the position will oversee a staff of two part-time employees and perform programming, collection maintenance, community outreach, and customer service duties for the children and families of St. Clairsville, a city of about 5,100 residents and 16,000+ cardholders.
The Children’s Services Supervisor works closely with the Director, Public Services Supervisor and other department managers, and oversees building operations in the absence of the Director and Public Services Supervisor. The position requires advocating for children and literacy in the community and schools, embracing current philosophies and methodologies of collection development and children’s programming, and collaborating with other departments to provide the best possible library services to patrons.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or closely-related field. A Master of Library and Information Science degree from an ALA accredited school of Library and Information Science preferred;
- At least 1 year of experience working in a public library, with children’s services experience strongly preferred;
- Previous management experience preferred;
- Ohio Public Library Support Staff Certification or Ohio Public Librarian Certification, or the ability to become certified within one year of hire (see olc.org for more information).
- Job offer conditional on acceptable BCI background check results.
Starting salary of $11 hourly; benefits package including paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, and personal days; health insurance; Ohio Public Employees Retirement System.
For a full job description, please click here
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Robyn E. Vittek, Director, at the above address or by email. (Solve Captcha)